Are you interested in learning more about the Jacksonville Chapter ALA? In addition to the information below, you are also welcome to attend (in-person or virtually) one of our monthly meetings before joining. Meetings are usually held at noon every month. Contact our membership chairperson at [email protected] for more information. We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!
Benefits of Membership
- Networking: Promotes the exchange of ideas regarding administration and management problems unique to legal organizations. Our members have diversified legal expertise in many areas of law firm administration.
- Survey: An annual law office employee benefits/salary survey is performed and is available to the general public for a fee. The information is a valuable tool for making many personnel decisions. The survey is free of charge to chapter member participants.
- Managing Partners Event: Promotes our profession by educating the managing partners as to the value and availability of administrators. The luncheon is an opportunity to acknowledge the support of our law firms and to advance the goals of the ALA.
- Education:Develops and promotes educational experiences with timely topics of special interest to legal administrators. Monthly luncheon programs and special seminars are conducted on financial management, human resources, information systems and technology, marketing and leadership development. A biannual vendor seminar focuses on equipment and services available to the legal community.
- Monthly Luncheons: Our luncheons feature educational and informative topics presented by speakers. Our educational topics are based on five categories. Luncheons are held every month beginning at noon.
- Pictorial Directory of Members: Provides pertinent information on all chapter members and facilitates communications between law firms.
- Leadership Development: Enhances the leadership skills of members by involvement on chapter committees and service as elected officers at the local, regional and national level.
- Community Service: The Jacksonville Chapter provides annual community service to Hubbard House during October and December. Community service is performed by the Chapter each quarter to help support various agencies.
- International: ALA promotes networking nationally and internationally throughout all of it's Chapters. It offers educational conferences both nationally and regionally, virtual seminars, a bimonthly magazine on legal management, a directory of its 9,400+ members and a job bank.
For more information on joining the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) and its benefits, contact ALA at alanet.org/membership.
To be a member of the local chapter, you must also be a member of the National Association. Dues may be prorated depending on when the application is submitted. You may register to become a national member by clicking here or by visiting: http://www.alanet.org/membership.
From time to time, ALA may have membership incentives/promotions of which you will be apprised during the application process. To pay local chapter dues via credit card, click here.