Leonard C. Doty (2011-2012)
It is an honor to have been chosen President of the Jacksonville ALA Chapter for 2011-2012. Along with this title comes the responsibility to continue to improve on many areas of our Chapter. There have been many well qualified people that have lead this Chapter to the many successes we have had. With the help of our Board Members, and all of our Chapter Members we will continue to provide quality programs in education, social, and community service.
- Promote and enhance the competence and professionalism of all members of the legal management team.
- Improve the quality of management in law firms and other service organizations.
- Represent professional legal management and managers to the legal community and to the community at large.
- Develop and deliver programs and products that will provide high-quality, competency-based education to members of the legal management team.
- Improve and strengthen the flow of information to and from the members.
- Enhance the services and benefits available to members.
- Increase the visibility and credibility of the Association of Legal Administrators and its members in the legal community though effective marketing and communications, and through partnering efforts with the bar and other law-related associations.
- Retain and recruit members from all components of the legal management team.
- Maintain the Association’s strong economic base.
- Increase diversity in the Association, in the legal management community and in all legal service organizations.
- Promote and continue an organizational structure which clearly and effectively allocates the policy and operational roles and responsibilities of volunteers and staff through Governance Policies that ensure that organizational resources are best-used to achieve the Association’s Mission and Goals.
This mission statement comes directly from Nationals ALA Website. Within these missions and goals lies a roadmap to our success.
This year we will be focusing on several areas that we feel needs improvement.
- Better attendance at our monthly meetings.
- Recruitment of new members.
- Better lines of communication with our Business Partners.
- Quality speakers for our meetings, which will provide relevant training information.
- Become more visual to our industry.
At all times we request your ideas and suggestions on ways to improve our Chapter. Our Board will note make decisions without the input and acknowledgement of our members. This is not my Chapter. This Chapter belongs to all our members, and our success will rely on your active involvement in all areas of our Chapter.
I look forward to the challenges that we face in the coming year. I’m sure with the help of our very competent Board, and the involvement of all our members we will have a very successful and enjoyable year.